Monday, July 11, 2011

Disability & Ignorance

I complete two years at Infy today!!! Yippe!!! :( Either disability or ignorance has a lot to do with it..

But then, riding, while on my way towards the office, my memory rewind-ed to this day that year!! It has been so long, yet it feels like yesterday!!
Those long walks towards the GEC, the cycles, the room, the sports, the studies, the multiplex,..Did i forget to mention, the chics!!! All these thoughts still fresh like a million bucks. It almost made my day,... till a certain rider wiped it all out!!!

*Splash!!!*
"Hey, watch it!! You blind?? Or are you quite simply dumb!!" I yelled angrily.
"Sorry boss. I was not aware." came the reply.
Oh yes!! He was not aware!! Neither blind not dumb!! Just plain ignorant!!

They say ignorance is bliss whereas disability strums misery!! Well, i for once differ with it. I feel both are equally bad. In fact, ignorance is the bigger of the two evils. Its just that disability has become a victim of calumniation.

People (often in a derogatory sense) say "love is blind"!! From what i gather by the phrase, it means that love at times 'blinds' you from seeing certain things that are obvious and discomforting for you (later on) or the others who are around!! But it really isn't a disability, is it? Its quite simply ignorance on the lover's part.
Probably the only time when the love goes blind is *Bonjour*, yeah, you get the french connection there, don't you!! ;)

Often, during the friendly banters, you'd find a few slow ones addressed as dumb.
"you bloody dumbo", "dumb-ass", "dumb-fuck"!!!
My hear reaches out to the dumb people out there!! I mean, they simply get typecast-ed for not even uttering a single word. For some strange reason dumb has become an antonym for the intelligent. I really don't read too much into facts. But, pretty sure google would give me more than a 100 hits for 'the most "intelligent-dumb" people' in the world within those micro seconds they strongly boast of!!

Most people live a life full of excuses. Making and mistaking their ignorance to disability.
"I am sorry boss, i was not unaware" is a crime if you compare it to "I am sorry boss, i can't see."

You see the world today, a lot of unfortunate accidents happen because of ignorance. From the Bhopal gas tragedy to the little indigestion you might be carrying today. All are attributed to ignorance.

So, don't be ignorant and disable, instead try to be aware and capable!!

( Who is dumb here!!! )

P.S : I started this yesterday, but it took me more than a day to complete it!! My condolences with the Mumbaikars. Its a shame that the term security no longer has any relevance in that place. Utter ignorance from the police and the ministry again!!


4 comments:

  1. Good one Mate... That was a very good dumb fuck story :P ;) .. Keep it coming ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. This shit is awesome man! U should start bloging more often cause U mate, have earned urself a fan :)
    P.S. I notice a very huge section has been dedicated for love!!! Shud I ask whats cooking?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man..Very well written. you have it in you.I repeat, you have it in you. Your mastery of English astonishes me. Wish you write many more. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all!! :)And Vikas,"section dedicated for love"??

    ReplyDelete