Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Helmet Story

Tum [9:46 AM]:
what is that helmet story??
Hum [9:46 AM]:
He he,..
Hum [9:46 AM]:
Good morning,..
Tum [9:47 AM]:
why do not disturb??
Hum [9:47 AM]:
I had logged in to remote desktop,..It automatically shows that status,..
Tum [9:47 AM]:
oh..
Tum [9:47 AM]:
show off
Hum [9:47 AM]:
Coming back to the story,.
Hum [9:47 AM]:
Arreeeey
Tum [9:48 AM]:
ok ok the story
Hum [9:49 AM]:
Ya,..Once upon a time,..
Hum [9:49 AM]:
A long long time back,.
Tum [9:49 AM]:
3 days back
Hum [9:50 AM]:
3 days is a long time,...We live in the 21st century,..
Hum [9:50 AM]:
Anyways,..It was abt 4 in the prevening,...
Tum [9:50 AM]:
oh ok.. continue
Hum [9:51 AM]:
Me and my collegues were on our way back to our cubicle from the FC after having a satisfactory snack...
Tum [9:52 AM]:
ok..
Hum [9:52 AM]:
I mean, it didn't satisfy me..But they seemed happy,..This FC sucks,..
Tum [9:52 AM]:
ok.. i am not interested in the reviews about the FC..continue with the helmet story
Hum [9:53 AM]:
You should,..It wont improve otherwise..."Jaago grahak jaago",...
Tum [9:53 AM]:
ok mein jag gayi.. continue now
Tum [9:53 AM]:
*jaag
Hum [9:54 AM]:
Anyways, With this uncomfortable feeling, i paused myself and decided to go home...I could not take this anymore,..I needed a break,..
Hum [9:54 AM]:
I immediately pressed the button for the 1st floor and within no time, there i was,..
Tum [9:55 AM]:
no some correction here..
Tum [9:55 AM]:
you had come to office for a break from home right
Hum [9:55 AM]:
Will u let me complete the story,..
Hum [9:56 AM]:
Ok,...Ignoring ur lame jokes, i shall continue,..
Tum [9:56 AM]:
ok continue..
Hum [9:58 AM]:
So i was happily walking towards the lobby, deciding on what all i must do for the next 5 hours,...The world needs thinkers like me u know,..
Hum [9:59 AM]:
Then, I stop near the entrance, and go towards the place next to the turnstiles where the helmets are usually placed,..
Tum [9:59 AM]:
why do u need to think so much.. you could have done the same thing u do everyday.. go home .. sleep. eat.. facebooking..
Tum [9:59 AM]:
oh at last the helmet is in the scene..
Tum [9:59 AM]:
what an entry..
Hum [10:00 AM]:
Sssh,..No cheap comments please..This is such a tragic story,..
Tum [10:00 AM]:
ok continue..
Hum [10:02 AM]:
Ya,..So i was near the helmet stand, with the zillion things on my mind,...But all that vanished as to my utter disbelief, i couldn't find my helmet...
Hum [10:03 AM]:
I then quickly put on my 'search engineer' cap n went on ransacking the place,..Time went by and my chances of finding it there went bleak,..
Tum [10:04 AM]:
oh!!!!!!!! nahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
Hum [10:05 AM]:
I remember even searching it inside other helmets,..That is how distraught i was,..
Tum [10:05 AM]:
ok..(can't stop laughing at u r stupidity.) but ontinue
Tum [10:05 AM]:
*continue
Hum [10:06 AM]:
Stupidity!! What do u know the pain of losing something so precious,..
Hum [10:06 AM]:
Coming back,..
Tum [10:06 AM]:
ya pain of losing a RED big helmet.. seriously i don't know that pain..
Tum [10:06 AM]:
continue
Hum [10:07 AM]:
I then went to the other entrance thinking i probably entered the building from there,...Brain said "impossible",..But well,..It was not the time to listen to anybody,...
Tum [10:08 AM]:
not even u r brain..
Hum [10:08 AM]:
But again,..Luck abstained,..
Tum [10:08 AM]:
how sad
Tum [10:09 AM]:
devdas continue
Hum [10:10 AM]:
So there i was standing hopelessly after 30 minutes of rigorous yet unsuccessful searching,..
Hum [10:10 AM]:
But i this was no time to quit,..I quickly pepped up,..I could not let this go so easily...
Hum [10:11 AM]:
I immediately changed course and headed back to my cubicle,..
Hum [10:12 AM]:
* U sleeping??
This is when u must comment,... (Applaud !!)
Tum [10:13 AM]:
wait ya.. need to leave..
Tum [10:13 AM]:
some sessions..
Tum [10:13 AM]:
we will continue later..
Tum [10:13 AM]:
but i my sympathies..
Tum [10:13 AM]:
indeed a sad story
Hum [10:13 AM]:
Che che,..Just when the story was getting better,..
Hum [10:13 AM]:
Anyways...We'll call it the intermission,..
Hum [10:13 AM]:
Ya bye,...
Tum [10:14 AM]:
ok.

Well,..Sadly, this conversation ended like how most of the bollywood movie scripts do after the intermission,..We couldn't manage to finish it appropriately,..Anyways, this is how the helmet story panned,..

After getting to terms with the fact that my helmet was indeed stolen inside my own office, i headed back towards my cubicle. Silly as it may seem, i thought publishing a 'lost and found' post about my helmet would come for some help..In the mean time, my TL to his surprise found me sitting my cubicle. He was quick to assign me some work. Two hours later as i had satisfied my TL with the day's work, i thought it was time to leave. But even in midst of the work, i could not stop thinking about my helmet. It was close to 7 in the evening. I then checked the BB(Bulletin Board) if anybody had replied to my post. That day was not going to be my lucky day.I, trying to accept the inevitable truth surrounding me, drew my miserable self towards the exit.

As i was approaching the entrance, I, out of habit, quickly glanced back at the helmet stand. And alas, there it was, my red helmet. It was kept at the exact same place, as if nobody touched it. I pinched myself to verify if it were true. It hurt. Then suddenly the security guard comes and tells me that someone, just few minutes back came and placed it there. Somebody flicked my helmet and fortunately for me, had the kindness left to return it. But why!! Did he think it is kept there for rent!!

I have heard and also experienced people losing their helmets. But this is the first time i am witnessing it being done inside a company like Infy and that too by its own employees. Whoever said "Education is the cornerstone for a successful civilization". He is certainly proved wrong here,..

No comments:

Post a Comment